#LHHATL: Erica Mena vs Spice + Erica Calls Spice a "MONKEY"

Started by Scott., August 29, 2023, 09:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigineously Brazilian

If the lashings he got from that Chloe mess didn't wake him up just a bit I dunno what will

He clearly thinks this is funny. That "cuddly primate" mess on the screencap

Aalonso.

Production is a mess tho, they had to have told Spice to keep the monkey comment under wraps until the show aired. We saw this months ago, and I didn't hear mention of the monkey thing once :kii:

Aalonso.

My guess with Funky is, he probably has been called monkey allllll his life BY Black people, so in his eyes its less racist, more "we must really look like monkeys" ..... regardless of who says it.

Boomz

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 06, 2023, 09:31:30 AMMy guess with Funky is, he probably has been called monkey allllll his life BY Black people, so in his eyes its less racist, more "we must really look like monkeys" ..... regardless of who says it.

What the he...

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Boomz on September 06, 2023, 10:14:00 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on September 06, 2023, 09:31:30 AMMy guess with Funky is, he probably has been called monkey allllll his life BY Black people, so in his eyes its less racist, more "we must really look like monkeys" ..... regardless of who says it.

What the he...

:plzstop:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Scott.

I just find it odd that people are being completely obtuse about this whole thing. Erica and Spice are definitely both wrong in this, but Erica is getting dragged for calling a black woman a monkey which is a SLUR and Erica isn't black.

If it was a white woman who said what Erica said, then these black folks would be in an uproar. It's so weird to me how black people downplays colorism and also gives Hispanic people so much leeway to be disrespectful and derogatory to our race.

Aalonso.

What the he...

that's the only thing I can make of it. He knows what it means and the implications, but the way he feels about it is so casual like he's numb

Cowgirl

September 06, 2023, 11:31:44 AM #279 Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:32:06 AM by Big Barbie
Quote from: Scott. on September 06, 2023, 10:23:27 AMI just find it odd that people are being completely obtuse about this whole thing. Erica and Spice are definitely both wrong in this, but Erica is getting dragged for calling a black woman a monkey which is a SLUR and Erica isn't black.

If it was a white woman who said what Erica said, then these black folks would be in an uproar. It's so weird to me how black people downplays colorism and also gives Hispanic people so much leeway to be disrespectful and derogatory to our race.
A word!

Indigineously Brazilian

September 06, 2023, 07:30:13 PM #281 Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 07:30:52 PM by Black Cossack
Quote from: Big Barbie on September 06, 2023, 07:24:59 PM

Tamar said "thats the first thing that came to Erica's mind"

and didn't pause to ask or wonder WHY is that the first thing that came to her mind

Indigineously Brazilian

What the he...
l;mklnknnknknk

Stunna Gor’

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 06, 2023, 09:31:30 AMMy guess with Funky is, he probably has been called monkey allllll his life
HDHSHDNSJJDJSJDJDJJDNSNFNSNDNDNFJDFE
F

D
D
DD
D

T
D
T
D
T

D