The Grammys Kinda Well...FLOPPED

Started by asdfghjkl, February 16, 2016, 08:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nine

Quote from: MelMel on February 16, 2016, 08:53:46 PM
they need to stop trying to have these "Grammy Moments" all the time with random ass people.

and all of those damn tributes.
When LL was recaping all those moments in his monologue I was like

:shannonsmissing:

They really do try to hard to give HISTORY MAKING! MOMENT! and ithe performances are always forgettable

:damselindistress:

FRANCE

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 16, 2016, 08:52:47 PM
Quote from: Francois Lite on February 16, 2016, 08:50:47 PM
Let them ask Beyonce & Jay to host next year and see how the ratings go up. Shit, Caitlyn Jenner and the Kardashians. Hosts can bring up ratings a bit.
Its true that a host can influence people to watch but Bey and Jay hosting would be TRAGIC. Neither of them have personality either. I wouldnt wanna see a damn kardshian either. Get someone who is fckn ENTERTAINING

I wouldn't want neither of them hosting. But millions of people would. Let the BeyHive find out Bey and Jay will be performing, doing skits in between and mini performances throughout the night. People would be tuned in to see Caitlyn's wardrobe changes, Kylie vs Kim shenanigans and mess. I could care less but trust me, the thread is about a dip in ratings. They gotta do something to draw in more viewers and spice shit up. Put people on the screen that people want to see.

Rxxf

there was no diversity
at the show
made it boring to fucking bits
BRANDY

Rxxf

February 16, 2016, 08:58:26 PM #48 Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:58:50 PM by Rated Ralf
but then again, when i watch the BET awards... which barely has any diversity, if at all... i'm entertained for dear life
:dead:
hold on
BRANDY

Vonc2002

February 16, 2016, 08:58:28 PM #49 Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:58:54 PM by Vonc2002
Honestly tho, i really do appreciate those "grammy moments". I like when people get together that u wouldnt expect. I just need for them to make atleast a lil bit of sense or BARE MINIMUM, sound good together. Everything last night was terrible. Stevie and Pentatonix kinda killed tho
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Francois Lite on February 16, 2016, 08:57:34 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 16, 2016, 08:52:47 PM
Quote from: Francois Lite on February 16, 2016, 08:50:47 PM
Let them ask Beyonce & Jay to host next year and see how the ratings go up. Shit, Caitlyn Jenner and the Kardashians. Hosts can bring up ratings a bit.
Its true that a host can influence people to watch but Bey and Jay hosting would be TRAGIC. Neither of them have personality either. I wouldnt wanna see a damn kardshian either. Get someone who is fckn ENTERTAINING

I wouldn't want neither of them hosting. But millions of people would. Let the BeyHive find out Bey and Jay will be performing, doing skits in between and mini performances throughout the night. People would be tuned in to see Caitlyn's wardrobe changes, Kylie vs Kim shenanigans and mess. I could care less but trust me, the thread is about a dip in ratings. They gotta do something to draw in more viewers and spice shit up. Put people on the screen that people want to see.
i think people would tune in but the show would still be SHIT, which kinda defeats the purpose imo
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

downtownbrown

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 16, 2016, 08:38:57 PM
LL needs to go as well

Yeah. It's time he drops a sex tape instead of barely hosting the Grammys. Like, the show really doesn't even need a host tbh...

FRANCE

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 16, 2016, 08:55:16 PM
they need to stop trying to have these "Grammy Moments" all the time with random ass people.

just TOSSING people together who have no reason to even be in the same damn room. Andra Day and Ellie were HORRIBLE! The whole time I was like :uhh:
and they are two singers who I actually can appreciate separately

I was just about to say this. Grouping all these artists together was dumb, including Tori and James Bay. It weakens the performance cause each artist holds back and compromises their true showmanship for the sake of the duet.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Francois Lite on February 16, 2016, 09:01:10 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 16, 2016, 08:55:16 PM

just TOSSING people together who have no reason to even be in the same damn room. Andra Day and Ellie were HORRIBLE! The whole time I was like :uhh:
and they are two singers who I actually can appreciate separately

I was just about to say this. Grouping all these artists together was dumb, including Tori and James Bay. It weakens the performance cause each artist holds back and compromises their true showmanship for the sake of the duet.
umm sorry but Tori and James KILLED! The only worthwhile pairing of the night. I woulda like to see james separately  singing hold back the river but W/E

death

Vonc2002

BAPHOMET.

:overit: I said in the other thread yesterday... But ..

Every big name black artist needs to show up and show out at the BET Awards just ONCE more.
and BET needs to get a better staging budget n mess.  :overit:

Vonc2002