chris rock's opening speech <<<<<<<

Started by throwintheTAL, February 28, 2016, 08:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emzen

I don't see his monologue being full of jokes like 'haha! look what happened to us in the past! lol!' but like, he was just using humor to point out the ridiculousness of the entire thing.

QuoteSay 62 or 63 and black people did not protest. Why? Because we have real things to protest at the time. You know? We have real things to protest. You know? Too busy being raped and lynched to care about who won Best Cinematographer. You know, when you ? when your Grandmother?s swinging from a tree, it?s really hard to care about Best Documentary Foreign Short.
I mean... isn't that kinda true?

Idk, I didn't have any issues with it :ermm:

martian

Rxxf

people actually watching that shit?
fuck outta here
BRANDY

throwintheTAL

Quote from: emzen on February 28, 2016, 10:04:51 PM
I don't see his monologue being full of jokes like 'haha! look what happened to us in the past! lol!' but like, he was just using humor to point out the ridiculousness of the entire thing.

QuoteSay 62 or 63 and black people did not protest. Why? Because we have real things to protest at the time. You know? We have real things to protest. You know? Too busy being raped and lynched to care about who won Best Cinematographer. You know, when you ? when your Grandmother?s swinging from a tree, it?s really hard to care about Best Documentary Foreign Short.
I mean... isn't that kinda true?

Idk, I didn't have any issues with it :ermm:
sure, that would've made sense then, but this is now... :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

Demm_

He couldn't come out popping off...I think he did well. He got the point across, and he's been giving it to the academy all night, honestly.

RekeRig

Quote from: ANIMMAI on February 28, 2016, 09:35:16 PM
Quote from: RIG on February 28, 2016, 09:22:14 PM
eeek

This is super awkward. not making jokes about raping and lynching blacks :uhh: hearing this CHORUS of cackles from the white people about this shit is so weird and kinda wrong

Wtf is he doing

Matt Damon and nem were chuckling the fuck up  :plzstop:
!!!!!

i mean, he basically gave them permission to. what an idiot

Jon

yummy

&#8743; &#8744; &#8745; &#8746;

RekeRig

It's just not CUTE to make those types of jokes when there's nothing but white people in the room. Like ...

tigernathan

I missed it. I only caught the Gag' performance to when Leo won.