Started by throwintheTAL, March 13, 2016, 07:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Jon

Quote from: Yar backwards on March 13, 2016, 09:03:00 PM
not 4 dollars
jubgygtfffffffffff

:uhm:
QuoteThe newcomers of most interest to this blog include the rom-com "The Perfect Match," which opened in 6th place, earning $4.1 million

Young

RAY7

Quote from: Jonovan on March 13, 2016, 09:08:37 PM
Quote from: Yar backwards on March 13, 2016, 09:03:00 PM
not 4 dollars
jubgygtfffffffffff

:uhm:
QuoteThe newcomers of most interest to this blog include the rom-com "The Perfect Match," which opened in 6th place, earning $4.1 million
I was referring to the thread title

FRANCE

This movie should've been a straight to DVD mess. Who would actually go to see this? I'm sure Bran ain't even go to see it.

Monika

Yahudah

RekeRig

QuoteAt some point we'll have to begin to say goodbye to these formulaic rom-coms that may, at times, be pleasant and lightweight enough to pass a Sunday afternoon with, but tend to be unimaginative retreads we've seen a dozen times prior. Not that I mind rom-coms, but I'd love for filmmakers to take an entirely different approach in making them; turn the entire idea of the rom-com on its head, and maybe make an "anti-rom-com" or even a satirical or metaphorical look at romance in the modern age. At least begin the filmmaking process (writing specifically) intending to do something entirely different and wholly original within the genre, in comparison to what we've seen thus far. Surely black audiences are hungry for so much more in terms of the volume, variety and complexity that are *our* own real-life stories (as well as those that exist within our imaginations) which aren't being reflected on screen.

!!!!!!!

this >>>

and im just not a Paula Patton fan at ALL, im sorry.

RekeRig

Quote from: Lion Babe on March 13, 2016, 07:34:26 PM
Quote from: Herbie on March 13, 2016, 07:30:17 PM
Quote from: Lion Babe on March 13, 2016, 07:28:21 PM
Quotefollows Charlie (Terrence J), a playboy who's convinced that relationships are dead even though his sister (Paula Patton), a therapist, tries to tell him otherwise. His best friends bet him that if he sticks to one woman for one month, he's bound to fall in love. Charlie takes the bet because he believes that he?s immune to love? until he crosses paths with Eva (Cassie Ventura). Charlie coaxes Eva into a casual affair but soon finds out that Eva has turned the tables on him. Now Charlie is questioning whether he may actually want more than just a one-night stand

This plot sounds awful.
Why can't Black Directors with actual good ideas get the greenlight

:plzstop:
I think the assumption is that we're not intelligent enough to understand or care about anything beyond fighting someone's bvy mama and hauling in a nigger to court for child support.
or a family movie packed with Jesus and Baby mama drama.  :plzstop:
;SSSDSDDSDSDSDSDSD

RekeRig

Quote from: Francois Lite on March 13, 2016, 09:49:26 PM
This movie should've been a straight to DVD mess. Who would actually go to see this? I'm sure Bran ain't even go to see it.
she was kinda filming her new music video during the premiere lmfao

lovechild

I mean Terrance is cute but I don't know if he has the star power or look to carry a movie . Cassie is beautiful but ppl see her as a prop and not a real talent so I don't feel they both have a strong enough fan base . He should have gotten a idris , Morris chestnut or someone to be in the movie as well . Gabrielle Union would have been great playing Cassie's role

Wtv

March 14, 2016, 08:57:49 AM #26 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:01:47 AM by Tijobr
Id preffer to see Bran not attaching to this type of mediocre and low budget movies. Honestly, these proyects dont help her image or career one bit, imho.

She should be a bit more selective regarding movie proyects. Just because someone calls u for a little role here and there, doesnt mean you have to actually do it, lol. And less if its a movie that doesnt have a talented/respected director/crew.

SUPREME

Honestly considering who the stars are

4 million is decent dddssss

lovechild

I mean Terrance is Brandys friend everything can't always be about what's a benefit to you . Sometimes it's good to help a friend out and it's not like brandy has so many movie role offers , it doesn't hurt that she was in the movie for a 39 seconds . If anything hopefully it can get her in the audiences mind again that she is working and back on the scene

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME DIETRICH III on March 14, 2016, 09:03:14 AM
Honestly considering who the stars are

4 million is decent dddssss

n

I screamed when I saw French Montana  :kii: