Brandy suing Chameleon(Breyon Prescott) for 1 Million - Contract is terminated

Started by dntunvme2, March 30, 2016, 10:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott.

Quote from: Seven on March 30, 2016, 11:08:46 AM
Given the bad rep Breyon had in the industry, I was a bit concerned when first learning that Brandy signed with his label. While I think he did extremely well getting Brandy in with the right people and creating a new sound for 2/11 - he's been known for shady business practices.

That said, you ain't hear it from me, but I hear that Jeff Robinson has also been known tone a shady character. I hope for Brandy's sake though, this isn't the case, but only time will tell.

Lastly, aside from personal issues that Brandy may have been dealing with (breakup, depression, etc.) this also partly explains the significant holdup in a new album and/or EP.

That Jeff Robinson stuff is partially true because K. Michelle left him for some dirty shit.

Scott.

And this whole thing explains why she hasn't been to release the new music

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Wallace. on March 30, 2016, 12:43:09 PM
Quote from: sumcatbroad on March 30, 2016, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: BENTLEY! on March 30, 2016, 11:34:00 AM
Well eggs on me, sorry Bran for coming for your twists!!
never understood why y'all were taking issue with her when it was clearly business-related, why everything was delayed

!

folk LOVE to comment on what they don't know.
oh GORaL ... that applies to THIS situation

H.#.G.*.Z

Lazarus

Whew. This industry is so cutthroat. Definitely not for the weak or meek.

Glenda

Quote from: Smoove Jones on March 30, 2016, 12:50:38 PM

!!!!!!

Artists might as well go independent and stay independent forever or as long as they can. Fend off a deal as long as possible. Seems like once you sign a contract you sign your life away.

:ohwow:

Aalonso.

Quote from: Glenda on March 30, 2016, 12:55:45 PM

!!!!!!

Artists might as well go independent and stay independent forever or as long as they can. Fend off a deal as long as possible. Seems like once you sign a contract you sign your life away.

and I thought Sallie Mae was bad

Stunna Gor’

!!!!!!

dvcncmvcmnvncvnvmnvcnvcvn !!!!!!

But at the same time.... idk.... it just seems like she should be a little more wise and aware of her decisions by now. Half of the gorls on here (who arent even in the industry) kinda saw this coming from the beginning, just based on his rep in the industry...

Vonc2002

Well guys she is aware,  which is why she ISN'T signing this deal that he's trying to force.He's trying to hold her music hostage because she won't sign
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

VirgoMind

She can release music but it can't be through a major basically.
So if Bran wants to get a distribution deal with say republic or Universal... Breyon is blocking her, trying to force her to sign with EPIC so that he can get multiple streams of money from the arrangement.
And since Cham/breyon didn't pay for B&P etc.. he has no rights to it because it's under her own imprint..

as far as Jeff is concerned, he is actually helping Bran.. getting her deals and ways to release music around all this nonsense

Vonc2002

Quote from: VirgoMind on March 30, 2016, 01:11:22 PM
as far as Jeff is concerned, he is actually helping Bran.. getting her deals and ways to release music around all this nonsense
SONJA!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Glenda

Quote from: Trey on March 30, 2016, 01:06:16 PM

!!!!!!

dvcncmvcmnvncvnvmnvcnvcvn !!!!!!

But at the same time.... idk.... it just seems like she should be a little more wise and aware of her decisions by now. Half of the gorls on here (who arent even in the industry) kinda saw this coming from the beginning, just based on his rep in the industry...

He does seem shady and I remember being around him when we were greeting Ghan outside the venue in DC at the end of her concert back in 2012 and I didn't like his energy.  :raycharles2urmess:

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 30, 2016, 12:08:38 PM
Why do yall swear sonja can fix evrything :plzstop:
This is a label issue not a management one.  Her management seems fine tbfh :dead:
Like everything is gonna somehow become NSN all over again. Who managed her during Full Moon? Afrodisiac?

Well I know Sonja isnt around for the mess.   
I know that first hand.
She is a tough cookie and brandy think thats is to her detriment but u need someone there who gon ride for u like that
Sonja managed her during FM but she was preggo.
and wasnt Benny Medina with her during during Afro?

Buy The Stars✨

So if Bran wants to get a distribution deal with say republic or Universal... Breyon is blocking her, trying to force her to sign with EPIC so that he can get multiple streams of money from the arrangement.
And since Cham/breyon didn't pay for B&P etc.. he has no rights to it because it's under her own imprint..

but wasnt BP recorded some years ago?? how do we know it wasnt under chamillionare?

Bish

!!!!!

Brandy just needs to do her own thing. The internet allows you to reach millions of people instantly. If you strategize then you'll be able to capitalize off of that audience. Labels don't provide the support they used to.

The industry has always been shady but since the business is so bad people are behaving more desperately to try to skim as much as they can from these artists.