Do you think people with mental illnesses ever recover?

Started by zeytoven, April 20, 2016, 11:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeytoven

Do u guys? and what are your stigmas towards ppl who have them?

LOONA.

zeytoven

edited-

BrokenHeartsHeal

is this a serious topic or not. Because I have some things to say.

zeytoven

Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on April 21, 2016, 12:06:11 AM
is this a serious topic or not. Because I have some things to say.

yes this is a serious topic. Please share what u have to say

pop

BrokenHeartsHeal

i mean u can only really stabilize it and the only way for a person to do that is come from a supporting family or a family with money. Otherwise you're fucked for life, esp if the meds ain't coming through.

There's so many messed up things going on with our society because we treat mentally ill like they're unworthy, a joke and we criminalize them, and make shit worse for them with our judgement. We misdiagnose children with stuff they don't even have just so they can get services, prisons are becoming the new asylums/mental homes, even if you aren't mentally ill prisons make people of the lowest to highest offenses mental, we throw them back on the street with no resources just to bring em back to the prisons, making commodities out of them and hospitals, shelters, drug companies are phony.

Young

throwintheTAL

Young

Quote from: sumcatbroad on April 21, 2016, 01:00:23 AM
Then pray for a cert for mon, luv

Sddddddddd

That's something Mon has to pray and work harder for ❤️

zeytoven

Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on April 21, 2016, 12:55:09 AM
i mean u can only really stabilize it and the only way for a person to do that is come from a supporting family or a family with money. Otherwise you're fucked for life, esp if the meds ain't coming through.

There's so many messed up things going on with our society because we treat mentally ill like they're unworthy, a joke and we criminalize them, and make shit worse for them with our judgement. We misdiagnose children with stuff they don't even have just so they can get services, prisons are becoming the new asylums/mental homes, even if you aren't mentally ill prisons make people of the lowest to highest offenses mental, we throw them back on the street with no resources just to bring em back to the prisons, making commodities out of them and hospitals, shelters, drug companies are phony.

You raised some great points and I definitely agree about prison system. Its messed up. I never really paid attention to peoples perspective of mentally ill people until I was diagnosed. The reaction was def all the things u listed and they also think ppl with the disorder don't want to work and are assholes because they can't carry a conversation with ppl

zeytoven

Quote from: Young on April 21, 2016, 12:56:35 AM
Anything is possible through God

!!!! Which is why I'm starting to attend church again. I can not give up hope

zeytoven

Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on April 21, 2016, 12:55:09 AM

Also people treat mentally ill like we're a treat to society. I think society is the reason why so many mentally ill ljust give up and kill themselves. No one is understanding and a lot ppl are in my case alone. I'm thankful Obamacare has given so many a gateway to drugs that will help or therapist. But so many still need help. My whole outlook on homeless changed when I was diagnosed. I think so many homeless people are abandoned by families who don't have resources (like u said). Just wish our society focused on mentally illness and not gun control.