How much is your rent? And what do you consider too much?

Started by Inject My Lips, July 18, 2016, 03:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inject My Lips

Are rent prices as rediculous in your city as they are in LA?  I'm paying $775 for a dusty studio that's latched on to a ugly house :uhh: 

I'm looking to move soon since my youtube is becoming successful, but I can't see myself going over $1k when in vegas you can live like a king for $600!  Meanwhile 1 bedroom apartments in LA are in the 1.5-2.5k range.

GRAND

dsssssssssss

Not 2k

In Central Florida your mess can go from 500 to 2000

2000 (for an apartment) would be a LAVISH skyrise apartment in downtown or a 5 bedroom Home

:dead: :dead: :dead:

♛MANNY♛

v; you can get a three bedroom house for 600-700 in GA :uhh: :dead:

Inject My Lips

Inject My Lips

Quote from: r u ok on July 18, 2016, 03:35:20 AM
Most recently I paid 1200 in North Carolina
. Nice quiet area though and very close to work.

Here in NYC the reality is that I'll be paying a bit more but it's worth it to me.

It's all about what you value. What's keeping you in LA?

Yeah NYC is even worse I heard!  I love the beaches and the hiking out here, plus I'm from Chicago so moving to the south or some random city would feel like a downgrade. 

Inject My Lips

Quote from: GRAND on July 18, 2016, 03:32:04 AM
dsssssssssss

Not 2k

2000 (for an apartment) would be a LAVISH skyrise apartment in downtown or a 5 bedroom Home

holy shit I'm looking at some of the apartments in Florida and they are gorgeous!  Isn't Florida known for being crazy dangerous tho?  I just left Chicago for the same reason, not tryna jump right back into the warzone

GRAND

Quote from: Hazeleyes on July 18, 2016, 03:44:50 AM
dsssssssssss

Not 2k

holy shit I'm looking at some of the apartments in Florida and they are gorgeous!  Isn't Florida known for being crazy dangerous tho?  I just left Chicago for the same reason, not tryna jump right back into the warzone
n

that's what we hear about chicago

Florida is fine. Weird things just happens here.

:letsmessfag:

♛MANNY♛

Quote from: GRAND on July 18, 2016, 03:47:02 AM
dsssssssssss

Not 2k

Florida is fine.

:usuresis:

Inject My Lips

Quote from: GRAND on July 18, 2016, 03:47:02 AM
dsssssssssss

Not 2k

n

that's what we hear about chicago

Florida is fine. Weird things just happens here.

:letsmessfag:

dd

That don't sound convincing
I'm fucking gagging at these palaces in my price range tho! 
These places would easily be $5k in LA

GRAND

Seriously?

:dead:

Death. A 1000sqft mess with updated appliances would be like 900-1100 here

Cali is a mess for that

b7

San francisco/NYC are MUCH worse  :dead:

studio apartments START at 2600 to 3K 

:plzstop:

Sinpool

skjnfg

Not 1k to 2.5k for one bedroom.

I'll never fcking get to a city.  :plzstop:

Inject My Lips

Quote from: r u ok on July 18, 2016, 03:47:17 AM
Quote from: Hazeleyes on July 18, 2016, 03:40:57 AM
Quote from: r u ok on July 18, 2016, 03:35:20 AM
Most recently I paid 1200 in North Carolina
. Nice quiet area though and very close to work.

Here in NYC the reality is that I'll be paying a bit more but it's worth it to me.

It's all about what you value. What's keeping you in LA?

Yeah NYC is even worse I heard!  I love the beaches and the hiking out here, plus I'm from Chicago so moving to the south or some random city would feel like a downgrade.
i see. So you actually like it there and want to stay but you want to branch out.

my advice would be to make sure your rent is no more than 1/3 of what you make. You never want to be in a situation where you are working simply to pay for something that you'll never own. (Almost your whole check or even half of it going to rent)

Otherwise, see if there are other options out there within that price range you're in now. Maybe 100 or even 200 dollars more. Instead of gunning for a 1 bedroom, simply aim for a BETTER studio apartment.

Just my opinionata . Congrats on the channel bvy .... Beautiful self

Yes that is my dilemma!  If I worked a 9 to 5 it would be easier to justify staying in such an expensive city.  I could argue that I have better job opportunities out here, or that the pay is higher than in Florida or Indiana etc.  But since I'm not tied to a job I feel like I should take advantage and go where the cost of living is low.  I could probably put a down payment on a cute condo and end up paying less on my mortgage than I pay on my rent!

And trust me I learned my lesson on biting more than I can chew!  Last year I was on the verge of becoming homeless, got my car repossessed, and didn't pay on my credit card for months!  :plzstop:
Now that I'm back on my feet I'm not trying to spend a damn thing!   An upgraded studio apartment is probably what I will end up getting, I just feel like since I'm close to 30 I should step my game up even more.

And thanx luv! 

GRAND

Quote from: Don't Hurt Yourself on July 18, 2016, 04:15:05 AM
skjnfg

Not 1k to 2.5k for one bedroom.

I'll never fcking get to a city.  :plzstop:
you can move to Florida

:wellheythere: