How much is your rent? And what do you consider too much?

Started by Inject My Lips, July 18, 2016, 03:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inject My Lips

Quote from: GRAND on July 18, 2016, 04:10:54 AM
Seriously?

:dead:

Death. A 1000sqft mess with updated appliances would be like 900-1100 here

Cali is a mess for that

Bitch my 300 sqft roach motel is 775 and my LA friends tell me its a steal.  :hmph:

GRAND

Quote from: Hazeleyes on July 18, 2016, 04:24:40 AM
Quote from: GRAND on July 18, 2016, 04:10:54 AM
Seriously?

:dead:

Death. A 1000sqft mess with updated appliances would be like 900-1100 here

Cali is a mess for that

Bitch my 300 sqft roach motel is 775 and my LA friends tell me its a steal.  :hmph:
dddddddddddddddddddds omg

That's my rent now, 700

But it's 3x the sqft

Praying for you la girls

:stressed:

Inject My Lips

Quote from: RIGGY on July 18, 2016, 04:13:18 AM
San francisco/NYC are MUCH worse  :dead:

studio apartments START at 2600 to 3K 

:plzstop:
I've seen people charge 1k for a fucking ROOM in NYC so I believe it

Inject My Lips

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 18, 2016, 04:27:34 AM
I have a studio in Hollywood for $1,320.

That sounds decent for Hollywood.  I haven't even been looking there cause I was sure the prices would be outrageous.  Does it come with a dishwasher?  That's the one thing that I won't settle on.

Inject My Lips

Quote from: r u ok on July 18, 2016, 04:32:33 AM
Quote from: Hazeleyes on July 18, 2016, 04:21:11 AM
Quote from: r u ok on July 18, 2016, 03:47:17 AM
Quote from: Hazeleyes on July 18, 2016, 03:40:57 AM
Quote from: r u ok on July 18, 2016, 03:35:20 AM
Most recently I paid 1200 in North Carolina
. Nice quiet area though and very close to work.

Here in NYC the reality is that I'll be paying a bit more but it's worth it to me.

It's all about what you value. What's keeping you in LA?

Yeah NYC is even worse I heard!  I love the beaches and the hiking out here, plus I'm from Chicago so moving to the south or some random city would feel like a downgrade.
i see. So you actually like it there and want to stay but you want to branch out.

my advice would be to make sure your rent is no more than 1/3 of what you make. You never want to be in a situation where you are working simply to pay for something that you'll never own. (Almost your whole check or even half of it going to rent)

Otherwise, see if there are other options out there within that price range you're in now. Maybe 100 or even 200 dollars more. Instead of gunning for a 1 bedroom, simply aim for a BETTER studio apartment.

Just my opinionata . Congrats on the channel bvy .... Beautiful self

Yes that is my dilemma!  If I worked a 9 to 5 it would be easier to justify staying in such an expensive city.  I could argue that I have better job opportunities out here, or that the pay is higher than in Florida or Indiana etc.  But since I'm not tied to a job I feel like I should take advantage and go where the cost of living is low.  I could probably put a down payment on a cute condo and end up paying less on my mortgage than I pay on my rent!

And trust me I learned my lesson on biting more than I can chew!  Last year I was on the verge of becoming homeless, got my car repossessed, and didn't pay on my credit card for months!  :plzstop:
Now that I'm back on my feet I'm not trying to spend a damn thing!   An upgraded studio apartment is probably what I will end up getting, I just feel like since I'm close to 30 I should step my game up even more.

And thanx luv!
yes. It's important to keep progressing but also making sure it's within your means.

Relocating may be cute for you! I would say that if you're doing it, shoot for a city or even state where you have family or trusted friends. This way you have someone local in case of emergency and you won't feel alone as you adapt.

North Carolina was so comfortable for me to settle into cuz my familial roots and extended family are there.

You're so lucky that you have close family in other states.  It's just me and my core family so that makes me want to stay put even more. 

BigDawg

I pay close to 866 a month for a one bedroom/one bath 670 sqft apt. Rent is ridiculous.

Young

Stunna Gor’

Quote from: 1 9 9 2 on July 18, 2016, 03:34:36 AM
v; you can get a three bedroom house for 600-700 in GA :uhh: :dead:
g

Yea... That's why I don't know if I'll stay in NYC forever. It's cute for now, but I think I'll eventually move back down south. What I'm paying for rent up here could be a nice mortgage on a 4 bedroom HOUSE down south.

:udontlookok:

BranLover

625 with cable and Internet :blessed:

I know it won't be this sweet when I move to another city though.

Inject My Lips

San Francisco is the worst!  I couldn't even find anything under 1500 besides this bachelor apartment.  You only get a sink in the apartment and have to share a kitchen and bathroom with the whole floor.  It's $1000

BranLover

:uhh: they're out of their damn minds. No wonder why so many live in their cars there.

D.I.E.G.O.

Chicago and NYC can get crazy, depending on where you live. I don't understand people who get studios in NYC though. It's too much for no space. Most wind up getting a few roommates and live in a larger space.

BigDawg

Quote from: TAE! on July 18, 2016, 08:09:20 AM
625 with cable and Internet :blessed:

I know it won't be this sweet when I move to another city though.
Where is this at?!

:stressed:

Vonc2002

Well im paying 1200 for a two bedroom BUT I still just think thats too much money to be lining someone else's pockets with. I recently brought up the conversation with my mother because she's a broker and i think i wanna purchase something. She's always telling me the benefits of being a first time home owner and the breaks u can get, so imma look into that. I cry everytime i cut that rent check tbh
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 18, 2016, 04:27:34 AM
I have a studio in Hollywood for $1,320.
GOODNESS! :stressed:
My friend stays in NOHO in a one bedroom and its like 950. I think thats pretty good
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw