Who Wasted their Potential?

Started by ssw4919, July 19, 2016, 07:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssw4919

I was listening to a random mix and was struck by how many artists wasted their potential.  Either they are on their last leg, or it's truly over.  They will never reach their full potential in terms of success.   :fuming:

Lauryn
Azealia
LeToya
JoJo
Claudette Ortiz
Teedra
Jay Electronica

Cartierline

It wasn't JoJo's fault. Blackground really fucked her over.

Vonc2002

Lauryn Hill IMMEDIATELY popped in my head. Lowkey, I feel like Brandy did too. She never shoulda took all that time inbetween releases. If she woulda really churned out the music in those earlier yrs, she would be SOLIDIFIED!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BigDawg

All of the above mention, plus Danity Kane

JRocka

well Latoya seems more satisfy doing film....but at the end of the day alotta shady music politics goes on behind close doors that messes up the above mention and their labels weren't even fully behind some of those you mentioned.

Chameleon

I think Brandy wasted her potential after Full Moon and I'll leave it at that. :stressed:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Mystique on July 19, 2016, 08:08:42 AM
I think Brandy wasted her potential after Full Moon and I'll leave it at that. :stressed:
even before that if we're being honest. There should have been a cd between Brandy and NSN and also one between Fullmoon and Afro
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FlowerBomb

TRY.It.AGAIN

Mess! I REALLY don't Think Of Lauryn as wasting Her Potential...How Many Other REAL Legends and Notables Have you Heard of with Only ONE Alberm? ?? I Can't Think Of MANY Others...Secondly, Fugee La' are Also Luminary!

I Just don't Think Lauryn wanted to be In that REALM! Sis used to CRINGE Winning 10+ Awards a Night at each ceremony!

:omgwatshappening:

Cardi B., and B is for Barbie? please say thw BARBIE!

Chameleon

Maya
Foxy
Rich Girl
Danity Kane
Tiffany Evans
Kelis

Chameleon

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 19, 2016, 08:13:54 AM
Quote from: Mystique on July 19, 2016, 08:08:42 AM
even before that if we're being honest. There should have been a cd between Brandy and NSN and also one between Fullmoon and Afro

Well if we are being honest I agree as well. The 4 year breaks should've been 2 the most. I feel like era's between full moon and Afro and one between Afro and human couldve have been SOLID! She was still on a major label who were willing to give her budget. I think Atlantic had changed after Afro. Had she taken the opportunity to use what she had before that she would've slayed!

D.I.E.G.O.

Azealia was the first one that came to mind.

BigDawg

King