How do YOU define masculinity & femininity ?

Started by Kurama, October 14, 2016, 11:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Kurama on October 14, 2016, 12:41:05 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 14, 2016, 12:37:20 PM
BUT i was in some thread the other day and Que said the sound of a man peeing is so masculine. I was like :uhh:
But all men pee.........even the feminine ones :dead:

sdsdfdff

Emm...so yeah. We were talking about this. Some men have heavy ass pee flows that are loud as hell. Others have a tinkle. IDK about associating that with masc & fem butttttt  :kii:
s
Right :dead:
cause I associate the former with prostate issues rather than masc/fem

if I HEAR your stream and it makes me

then I'm more than likely thinking you need to see your primary physician :dead:

H.#.G.*.Z

SouravMay

It took me strength and self acceptance to embrace that as well. And that no matter how feminine or masculine my behavior or look could have been deemed in the past or today, it is not relevant to how strong, cool, intelligent or lovable I am. I wonder if it is similar for 2010's gays.

B7

SouravMay

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 14, 2016, 02:36:11 PM
Quote from: Magnolia Maymuru on October 14, 2016, 02:34:24 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 14, 2016, 02:32:25 PM
Quote from: Magnolia Maymuru on October 14, 2016, 02:31:04 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 14, 2016, 02:28:46 PM
I was looking at old home videos with my mom not too long ago and was CRINGING

:bvy:

omg I know this feeling though. I hate some of my older pics. Between looking a FOOL due to puberty, crazy fashions, and then having that light watchamacallit SPARKLE nnnn

It is something you can truly shame someone about.  :gorlonfire:
Im not familiar, clue me in

I think gays are sensitive to pictures where they could potentially look feminine or fruity, even if it is just harmless kid pictures, but you feel some sort of shame if you see an old pic of yours and it could be deemed like you were "sassy" or effeminate or sth.
Oh, ur just talking about pics that u feel u look a lil SWEET in, ok
So you are familiar now?
B7

Vonc2002

Iono i always thought the lite or heaviness of a flow :dead: was based on how bad u had to pee or if its been a while. Sometimes u go to the bathroom cause feel a lil tingle so u only pee a lil. Never would i think it could be sexy or more or less masculine 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

KING BENTLEY.

October 14, 2016, 02:39:39 PM #229 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:40:13 PM by DOMINICAN.
but ion to the OP ... I've never defined it
but either one can also be dominant or passive

I like bubbly pop music at times ..... and fierce things at times, and looking at MEN

but I also like sports, n cars, n guns, n stuff
so I classify myself as dom' masc'   :supluv:

H.#.G.*.Z

Kurama

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 14, 2016, 02:18:33 PM
But back to the topic at hand, what so yall give offline behavior wise?

I stopped getting clocked once I hit high school and learned how to walk without a switch and relax my mannerisms. I went through a strictly masc period where I literally mimicked everything my brothers did in terms how to walk, talk, sit etc;

I eventually let go of all of that and learned to find a healthy balance between being comfortable and avoiding giving anything away.

Same, I still was clocked here and there though because my "femininity" in elementary & middle school followed me .

I emulated the Black men in my neighborhood mostly and that caused me to behave a certain way. A way in which inherently became a part of who I am, unfortunately.

I think where we differ is I stopped caring about being clockable or not. When I started dabbling in the gay realm and I discovered that more masculine oriented men are constantly persecuted and met with skepticism from their peers I kinda just said fuck it, I need to find out who I am and not be too concerned with how that looks to others.  This didn't really happen until a few years ago honestly.

Masculinity is such a fragile thing, no matter ur orientation or sex even.

KING BENTLEY.

this is a question I've had about that Todd Chrisley guy :dead:

I have always classified being a dad as a very MANLY thing

but he's clearly very fem and the head of the household ....

I dunno, do yawl get closet or cover up tea from it?

H.#.G.*.Z

Vonc2002

Quote from: Magnolia Maymuru on October 14, 2016, 02:37:43 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 14, 2016, 02:36:11 PM
Quote from: Magnolia Maymuru on October 14, 2016, 02:34:24 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 14, 2016, 02:32:25 PM
Quote from: Magnolia Maymuru on October 14, 2016, 02:31:04 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 14, 2016, 02:28:46 PM
I was looking at old home videos with my mom not too long ago and was CRINGING

:bvy:

omg I know this feeling though. I hate some of my older pics. Between looking a FOOL due to puberty, crazy fashions, and then having that light watchamacallit SPARKLE nnnn

It is something you can truly shame someone about.  :gorlonfire:
Im not familiar, clue me in

I think gays are sensitive to pictures where they could potentially look feminine or fruity, even if it is just harmless kid pictures, but you feel some sort of shame if you see an old pic of yours and it could be deemed like you were "sassy" or effeminate or sth.
Oh, ur just talking about pics that u feel u look a lil SWEET in, ok
So you are familiar now?
Yea but i don't necessarily attribute that to masculine or feminine.......all the time. Cause sometimes u can look at a picture and be like wow, he sure looks gay. I think it can be how soft your features are, how "pretty" of a man u are, etc. Ive seen straight masculine guys look a lil sweet in a picture
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Real

Yummy, Malc, Bre, was the young femininity due to surroundings? Like did you grow up with alot of sisters or women as a child?

Kurama

I kinda developed a great deal of respect for gay Blk men(especially), Str8  Blk men, and women who were unabashedly themselves. I really wish I never bought into those messages from when I was a kid. That damage stays with you for so long and you really have to be proactive in order to learn how to heal from it.

Eh I could have been a completely different person had I not been trying to survive and escape ridicule. I bet so many other's deal with this too. 

Vonc2002

Quote from: DOMINICAN. on October 14, 2016, 02:41:32 PM

Which is why i dont limit feminity to gay or straight. He's very effeminate to me but from what i know, he's a heterosexual male. I dont think he's gay but i don't care either. He says he's not gay, who am i to question it because he doesnt fit what i feel a stereotypical straight male is.

Kurama

Quote from: Real on October 14, 2016, 02:43:08 PM
Yummy, Malc, Bre, was the young femininity due to surroundings? Like did you grow up with alot of sisters or women as a child?
g

Nah. I had men around growing up. My earliest memory is playing house with some boy in preschool...and naturally that went left.

I usually disliked the men in my fam growing up but then as a teen I just hated everyone.

yummy

October 14, 2016, 02:46:44 PM #237 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:49:58 PM by ANIMMAI
Quote from: Kurama on October 14, 2016, 02:40:20 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 14, 2016, 02:18:33 PM
But back to the topic at hand, what so yall give offline behavior wise?

I stopped getting clocked once I hit high school and learned how to walk without a switch and relax my mannerisms. I went through a strictly masc period where I literally mimicked everything my brothers did in terms how to walk, talk, sit etc;

I eventually let go of all of that and learned to find a healthy balance between being comfortable and avoiding giving anything away.

Same, I still was clocked here and there though because my "femininity" in elementary & middle school followed me .

I emulated the Black men in my neighborhood mostly and that caused me to behave a certain way. A way in which inherently became a part of who I am, unfortunately.

I think where we differ is I stopped caring about being clockable or not. When I started dabbling in the gay realm I discovered that more masculine oriented men are constantly persecuted and met with skepticism from their peers I kinda just said fuck it, I need to find out who I am and not be too concerned with how that looks to others.  This didn't really happen until a few years ago honestly.

Masculinity is such a fragile thing, no matter ur orientation or sex even.

This is true because I've seen the gorls call another gay a phony because they're masc and not prancing around and straight women fume when they come across a gay who they find attractive.

Kurama

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM
Quote from: DOMINICAN. on October 14, 2016, 02:41:32 PM

Which is why i dont limit feminity to gay or straight. He's very effeminate to me but from what i know, he's a heterosexual male. I dont think he's gay but i don't care either. He says he's not gay, who am i to question it because he doesnt fit what i feel a stereotypical straight male is.

If only more ppl thought like this tbh

yummy

Quote from: Real on October 14, 2016, 02:43:08 PM

Not really, I was just doing what I felt came natural to me. I have an older sister (different mom), but was raised with my two older brothers.