No Shade but..Liy where were ya?

Started by Young, August 26, 2015, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuo

Monica performing on "big stages" but never even won an award without brandy. So where are you going with this? Lmao

Ma Lo

What is this... drag  Aaliyah week on BSource? I don't use.

Bish

August 27, 2015, 01:01:42 PM #137 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:04:12 PM by Bish
Quote from: asdfghjkl on August 27, 2015, 10:39:16 AM
xvccvv

Not booking main stages but still sold more than coonica

and why is every video WITH brandy...

Wow riding sis coat tails all the way huh
People put Aaliyah in third because Monica had more hits. But overall Aaliyah had a bigger career and was more impactful. She did things that neither Brandy or Monica did. Aaliyah booked the Oscars, Monica never performed on a stage besides Soul Train. Aaliyah has a VMA which was a big award at the time. Brandy or Monica doesn't have one.  Aaliyah had the last #1 on the Hot 100 between all three of them. Aaliyah had a number one movie in theaters and she was ready to book the Matrix.  You can make an argument for either of them being #2 but we know whose #1. Brandy and Aaliyah had mainstream appeal, Monica doesn't. Monica rode that pop wave briefly thanks to TBIM (and using Brandy's producer!) and had to cover up that ghetto ass arm tat in order to do it.

Aaliyah had a great style and great vision of herself as an artist and it was always executed flawlessly. That is the one thing she had Brandy beat on. Brandy has the talent but Aaliyah had the artistry down.

AIDS!

Quote from: Bish on August 27, 2015, 01:01:42 PM
Quote from: asdfghjkl on August 27, 2015, 10:39:16 AM
xvccvv

Not booking main stages but still sold more than coonica

and why is every video WITH brandy...

Wow riding sis coat tails all the way huh
People put Aaliyah in third because Monica had more hits. But overall Aaliyah had a bigger career and was more impactful. She did things that neither Brandy or Monica did. Aaliyah booked the Oscars, Monica never performed on a stage besides Soul Train. Aaliyah has a VMA which was a big award at the time. Brandy or Monica doesn't have one.  Aaliyah had the last #1 on the Hot 100 between all three of them. Aaliyah had a number one movie in theaters and she was ready to book the Matrix.  You can make an argument for either of them being #2 but we know whose #1. Brandy and Aaliyah had mainstream appeal, Monica doesn't. Monica rode that pop wave briefly thanks to TBIM (and using Brandy's producer!) and had to cover up that ghetto ass arm tat in order to do it.

Aaliyah had a great style and great vision of herself as an artist and it was always executed flawlessly. That is the one thing she had Brandy beat on. Brandy has the talent but Aaliyah had the artistry down.
:ohwow:

GLOCK

Werq u just don't like monica ..
:dead:
stop being transparent

garlic

August 27, 2015, 01:10:54 PM #140 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:11:34 PM by garlic
i mean... where was mon?
did she ever book a box office?

grossing nearly 100 million worldwide in theatres alone, not including dvd, vhs and streaming sales...

GLOCK

death at the thread referring to music but the girls scrambling with "Romeo Must Die" movie stubs :dead:
boy

Bish

Quote from: Glock on August 27, 2015, 01:09:40 PM
stop being transparent
I never denied not liking Glock.

But it's obvious ya'll discounting Aaliyah's achievements. She gets third place just because the media mostly played on the Brandy vs Monica thing like Aaliyah wasn't competition so people didn't take her as serious as they should. But also because Aaliyah wasn't directly competing with them. Her albums were not out the same time as theirs were. Damn I just realized that lol.

Tetsuo

Quote from: Glock on August 27, 2015, 01:12:07 PM
death at the thread referring to music but the girls scrambling with "Romeo Must Die" movie stubs :dead:
boy
Are you mad sis could book plaques and hit movies at the same time?

Mons love for sale aint fuckin doin it

Bish

Those gifs!!

It would be ignorant to quote that

sjgorwjgoeojgoe

Tetsuo

Dont forget garlic, romeo must die soundtrack went platinum the same
Time her movie grossed damn near 100 mill ww

GLOCK

fffffff i really just want u to stop fucking quoting me and following me around..

i really don't use :dead:

Tetsuo

Quote from: Glock on August 27, 2015, 01:14:46 PM
fffffff i really just want u to stop fucking quoting me and following me around..

i really don't use :dead:
Faggot not when u typing essays in my thread a whole ass day ago

GLOCK

Quote from: Bish on August 27, 2015, 01:13:14 PM
Quote from: Glock on August 27, 2015, 01:09:40 PM
stop being transparent
I never denied not liking Glock.

But it's obvious ya'll discounting Aaliyah's achievements. She gets third place just because the media mostly played on the Brandy vs Monica thing like Aaliyah wasn't competition so people didn't take her as serious as they should. But also because Aaliyah wasn't directly competing with them. Her albums were not out the same time as theirs were. Damn I just realized that lol.
thats not the only reason
:plzstop:
her songs never quite surpassed theirs.. nor her albers sales prior to her death..
sis just was just at the fucking bottom  :plzstop:

but its cool...u don't like monica and you WILL never give her her credit! we've accepted it :kii:

Tetsuo

So yeah

Mons local

And made no impact in music

Just a generic ass r & b singer from the slums