Oh wow "body image pressure" is a thing, do you guys feel it?

Started by KING BENTLEY., November 01, 2016, 11:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzy

I loathe workouts
thank goodness its easier to give up the fatty foods & drinks

LOONA.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 01, 2016, 11:52:34 AM
Quote from: Drais. on November 01, 2016, 11:48:01 AM
And yeah working out was the PITS when I first started but it kidna becomes routine.

But it's super exciting just pushing your body to the limit to see how far it can go. And there is really no better feeling than being completely drenched in sweat, eyes burning and feet on fire after a workout.

Plus that euphoric state you reach >

I'm about to exercise after my powerbeats finish charging.       

I wish i could stay commited to the gym for more than three months. I go through phases and right now I don't even wanna LOOK inside a gym :plzstop:

I'm the same way. I go to the gym for a few months but it's hard to stay committed. Between all the people in them taking up space and finding a balance between work and a social life it is just too much for me.

But you really don't NEED a gym tbh. If you have some extra space in your apartment/house you can definitely invest in buying your own equipment. It does get pricey but a few purchases here and there and before you know it you'll have your own mess right at home. It's just more convenient in the long run.

I have so much respect for people who can make it part of their daily routine. My supervisor changes into his mess and pumps straight to there right after his 12 hour shifts. I absolutely CANNOT.  :uhh:

Cartierline

Yeah it's definitely a thing. I was always a petite gorl and I felt really insecure as a teen because I was so skinny. I pretty much hated my body and wanted to be bigger.

I legit think I have mild body dysmorphia tbh :plzstop: I've been working out for over a year consistently now but every time I look in the mirror I still see the same skinny gorl :'(

I'm 80kg (~176lbs) but I really don't feel like it.

Cartierline

The thing is, I actually enjoy going to the gym. Drai' already described the feeling I get from it perfectly.

I go about 4-5 days a week now. There was a time earlier this year I was doing 6. :plzstop:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Drais. on November 01, 2016, 11:59:42 AM
And yeah working out was the PITS when I first started but it kidna becomes routine.

But it's super exciting just pushing your body to the limit to see how far it can go. And there is really no better feeling than being completely drenched in sweat, eyes burning and feet on fire after a workout.

I wish i could stay commited to the gym for more than three months. I go through phases and right now I don't even wanna LOOK inside a gym :plzstop:

But you really don't NEED a gym tbh. If you have some extra space in your apartment/house you can definitely invest in buying your own equipment. It does get pricey but a few purchases here and there and before you know it you'll have your own mess right at home. It's just more convenient in the long run.

:gotchafag:
I havent been to an actual gym in years
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Cartier on November 01, 2016, 12:15:32 PM
Yeah it's definitely a thing. I was always a petite gorl and I felt really insecure as a teen because I was so skinny. I pretty much hated my body and wanted to be bigger.

I legit think I have mild body dysmorphia tbh :plzstop: I've been working out for over a year consistently now but every time I look in the mirror I still see the same skinny gorl :'(

I'm 80kg (~176lbs) but I really don't feel like it.

ALL naturally skinny people go through this. Even when I really beefed up I felt tiny  :kii:

Don't beat yourself up.

LOONA.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 01, 2016, 12:17:30 PM

I haven't been since August of last year.

I went to Academy Sports and got my own mess. Oh I stol my grandmother's treadmill too lolz

:supluv:     

LOONA.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Drais. on November 01, 2016, 12:25:00 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 01, 2016, 12:17:30 PM

I haven't been since August of last year.

I went to Academy Sports and got my own mess. Oh I stol my grandmother's treadmill too lolz

:supluv:     

sddddddsddsssdsssss
Parents always say they gon workout and never use any of that mess. My parents have an elliptical machine, a stationary biker, ab machines and shit and its basically accessories for the basement
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Cartierline

Iono about working out at home tho, can never commit to it :dead:

The gym just gets me in a particular MOOD tbh.

Cartierline