am I the only one who doesn't care about ancestry?

Started by throwintheTAL, September 30, 2015, 12:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on September 30, 2015, 09:06:59 PM
Quote from: Young on September 30, 2015, 07:11:35 PM
Quote from: Herb. on September 30, 2015, 06:57:34 PM
Quote from: Young on September 30, 2015, 06:30:06 PM
I'm crying

Not everyone is gonna care

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I'll judge them.
I mean last year I really didn't care enough to look into it.
Didn't mean I was an idiot, just means I wasn't curious. lol.

Nothing wrong with identifying yourself as "just black"
But I think the harm comes from insulting others who actually care about their roots....by telling them they're "just black".

Or looking down on those who aren't yet curious to find out where they come from.

Some people, in my opinion, are just irreversibly miserable in some way, and can find the negative in anything put before them. That's something they'd need to address on their own time, and it's a process which is way more tedious and revealing than any DNA test. Good luck

See I agree that we shouldn't judge them
But the term "Black" is so generic and it's a new term.
I think that sad part is that it's a name given to us.
"black" literally doesn't point us back to anything (for us here in the U.S) . Just that we have ancestors that were slaves and now we're here in the U.S. There's no richness or beauty in that tbh. Or at least IMO.

And I really didn't understand that until i started traveling and people identify themselves with their origins. Whether it's from multiple places or just one. For example people from Hawaii don't say "I'm Hawaiian" if they're not original Hawaiians. They say "I'm half Filipino , and part Japanese and German " for example.

That's their identity. That's beautiful because it depicts a picture.
"black" just gives me ????

And I use to tell people When they'd ask that I was black. Just black. And then they would say okay but I could tell it didn't really ANSWER the question for them. And then I started realizing that I could trace ancestors from Japan (and even my Irish and Indian relatives) . My " black" just stopped with America. And it kinda saddened me. We have such a deeper and richer history and we need to trace that. And tbh sis YOU also helped me realize that. So thank you.

We are SO much more than just "Black". And I won't tell people that anymore....once I do my DNA tea

YES SIS!!! This post just gave me everlasting LIFE!

Ugh, I love you! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I love u too sis!!!!

Young

Quote from: Stewie on September 30, 2015, 10:08:35 PM
im kinda cruious about youngs dna results...

if theres japanese in there then i'll know the test is kinda reliable

Sddddddd

If there's no trace I'll be asking for my coins back

n

yummy

Quote from: Kurama on September 30, 2015, 10:29:24 PM
It's just so fuckin ironic and rich to hear people  who were just condeming Black people for their behaviors while undermining the struggles they face in America a FEW months ago, try to lecture or harp on other's about what they feel it means to be Black or the importance of the word/ethnicity.

This newfound black and I'm  proud narrative is a major contrast compared to what they were spewing before.

I'm  kind of confused  :mmywheresddy:

Cartierline

All this GODgeria dragging, are y'all fckin ok? :udontlookok:

And Jayds luv, I didn't know you were fucking a Naija man, get it sis.  :supluv:

AIDS!

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 30, 2015, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: Kurama on September 30, 2015, 10:31:30 PM
And yeah thx,

where Lonz go what's up?

Not an experience being a fuckin reduction while a nationality isn't  :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

its deeper than a nationality though
What about the culture, traditions, the language, the history that goes with it?
:ohwow:

AIDS!

Quote from: Hugo on September 30, 2015, 07:03:08 PM
Quote from: RED on September 30, 2015, 07:01:32 PM
Quote from: Hugo on September 30, 2015, 06:58:17 PM
Quote from: RED on September 30, 2015, 06:56:30 PM
Quote from: Hugo on September 30, 2015, 06:54:55 PM
Liberian Jellof Rice>>>> Nigerian Jellof Rice (filled with tomato paste)   :plzstop:
ok?!?

im sorry but Nigerian food looks atrocious and tasteless  :plzstop:

we actually add meats and vegetables in our jellof rice
hhhhhjj
They use POWERED EVERTHING
Bitch powered tomatoes?!?
From where?!?
Oh ok  :uhh:
\

im hollering!!!
i saw powered onions once in his cupboard
I was over it
:19k:

AIDS!

Quote from: Cartier on October 01, 2015, 07:27:19 AM
All this GODgeria dragging, are y'all fckin ok? :udontlookok:

And Jayds luv, I didn't know you were fucking a Naija man, get it sis.  :supluv:
fuck you and fuck him k?

Cartierline

October 01, 2015, 07:41:40 AM #368 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:41:55 AM by Cartier
My mum or any other Nigerians I know have never used powdered anything tbqh, not sure where that comes from.

:omgwatshappening:

AIDS!

The ones in London are lazy
Whilst my sisters cook with actual fresh onions, garlic, tomatoes etc
Sis had his pantry stocked with Asda price powdered onions, garlic and tomatoes and
And he RUINED my second batch of Suya with rock salt

:loose2when: :loose2when:

AIDS!

Had my Suya spice all mixed and ready to go
Even went to the trouble and mashing and frying ground peanuts to make kulli kulli for that authentic Suya taste
He dips his finger in my spice mix and says 'Abi it needs more salt'

:usuresis: :hmph: :loose2when: :fuming: :bvy: :mmyucudnvr: :mmywheresddy: :wheresmylawyer: :shannonsmissing:

Cartierline

sssssssssss Nigerians and their damn salt. My dad was frying some egg a few weeks ago and the amount of salt he used on just the oil.. :omgwatshappening:

But kuli kuli and suya omfffffff, haven't had those in so long. :stressed:

Miranda

I'm shouting at "Abi" nnnn

We freeze everything. In the fridge there is all kinds of different soups from
Okra, to egusi, to pepper soup. I prefer semolina over gari though. I had Ghanaian snacks once, their meat was cutely seasoned.

AIDS!

October 01, 2015, 07:58:03 AM #373 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:58:30 AM by RED
Hhhh I just know I'm gonna see a whole frozen goat in there one day