702's Unsung Preview

Started by Lazarus, May 31, 2018, 10:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Quote from: Kaeli. on June 01, 2018, 01:26:32 AM
Quote from: Lazarus on June 01, 2018, 12:13:10 AM
Destiny's Child was definitely riding the one hit wonder wave until The Writing's On The Wall. Their debut era failed to produce any more hits. Their album didn't even reached the upperhalf after a monster hit like No, No No and barely scanned platinum.
... With Me Flopped and the album only had 2 singles

Get on the Bus wasn?t even a US single, nor was it from any of their projects so no, not really.

Destiny?s Child (album) also went Multiplatinum in Canada and Gold in the UK...something 70POO never achieved anywhere. So yea

DC from the time they came out > 702

I kinda said what I said. Their debut album didn't go multiplatinum in Canada until June 2000 and gold in the UK until 2013. The album had a short span/run in the UK.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: 1RIG on June 01, 2018, 02:17:29 AM
Quote from: Sl?i?s Faxxx Machine on May 31, 2018, 10:41:50 PM
I wish they would stop lying and pretending they were bigger than they really were.

Out of all the 90s girlgroups they were at the bottom of the list. Even below brownstone.

Can?t think of the 90s without thinking of 702. Really?  :kii:
gggggghhhhhhh ?no one sounded like us? is what had me kicking as well

Girls

n

Slow down

I love them downe but that was a stretch. They were singing the he same "he ain't shit" anthems very girl group was :dead:

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: .betterwiseup on June 01, 2018, 01:03:15 AM
Quote from: fresh on June 01, 2018, 12:24:17 AM
Quote from: .betterwiseup on June 01, 2018, 12:21:21 AM
You bandwagon fags only go up for songs if it?s a hit lol. :dead:

Sle's FART Machine is the leader of the gang
that infested faggot is forever livid and bandwagoning lol :dead:
:plzstop:

It's unconditional, these days you know....

The Brandy Barbie

June 01, 2018, 06:16:55 AM #123 Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 06:19:09 AM by The Brandy Barbie
Quote from: Sl?i?s Faxxx Machine on May 31, 2018, 11:42:20 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on May 31, 2018, 11:37:40 PM
Destiny's Child was on par with Brownstone, Changing Faces, Monkenstef, etc until The Writing's On The Wall became their breakthrough for them.

Where is their No No No?
When have they ever had a song be #12 on the year end chart?

702 ain?t even on par with Nina Sky.

Where My Girls At was every bit as big a crossover hit as Bills Bills Bills.  I remember seeing a chart where Billboard added all the girl group song stats together. Where My Girls At was actually just a little higher , because it had stayed on the charts for so long and had a longer peak.

They didn?t have a crossover follow up hit. And that?s where it started to be a difference.

🦚

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on June 01, 2018, 06:16:55 AM
Quote from: Sl?i?s Faxxx Machine on May 31, 2018, 11:42:20 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on May 31, 2018, 11:37:40 PM
Destiny's Child was on par with Brownstone, Changing Faces, Monkenstef, etc until The Writing's On The Wall became their breakthrough for them.

Where is their No No No?
When have they ever had a song be #12 on the year end chart?

702 ain?t even on par with Nina Sky.

Where My Girls At was every bit as big a crossover hit as Bills Bills Bills.  I remember seeing a chart where Billboard added all the girl group song stats together. Where My Girls At was actually just a little higher , because it had stayed on the charts for so long and had a longer peak.

They didn?t have a crossover follow up hit. And that?s where it started to be a difference.

You mean it struggled for months to peak?

Bills was an instant hit.

Bills sold more too  :cheerup:
And bills was followed by more HITS

Don?t think 702 ever charted again after girls  :plzstop:
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Nine

BAPHOMET.

Nine

They were above Kut Klose and on par with Mokenstef tbh

Lazarus

Kaeli.

Quote from: Lazarus on June 01, 2018, 05:21:37 AM
Destiny's Child was definitely riding the one hit wonder wave until The Writing's On The Wall. Their debut era failed to produce any more hits. Their album didn't even reached the upperhalf after a monster hit like No, No No and barely scanned platinum.

Get on the Bus wasn?t even a US single, nor was it from any of their projects so no, not really.

Destiny?s Child (album) also went Multiplatinum in Canada and Gold in the UK...something 70POO never achieved anywhere. So yea

I kinda said what I said. Their debut album didn't go multiplatinum in Canada until June 2000 and gold in the UK until 2013. The album had a short span/run in the UK.
n

That doesn?t really negate anything I said. When have 702 received ANY multiplatinum cert anywhere? Answer that

BAPHOMET.

They were ALL beneath Queens tho

Nine

Quote from: Baph Lorenzo. on June 01, 2018, 12:19:19 PM
They were ALL beneath Queens tho

JNDNAS;DLKMKDAL'AMDLKMALMD'DASADAS

Nine

Lazarus

Quote from: Kaeli. on June 01, 2018, 12:19:13 PM

n

That doesn?t really negate anything I said. When have 702 received ANY multiplatinum cert anywhere? Answer that

It kinda does because it didn't happen in their debut era like you made it seem but dew. :dead:

Kaeli.

Quote from: Lazarus on June 01, 2018, 12:20:48 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on June 01, 2018, 12:19:13 PM

n

It kinda does because it didn't happen in their debut era like you made it seem but dew. :dead:
so the Destiny?s Child album isn?t double platinum in Canada & Gold in the UK? Yes or no