I guess "Anxiety" and "Depression" are trends now

Started by FlowerBomb, December 03, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

A serious depression or anxiety condition actually gets in the way of living an unrestricted life. But a lot of these "attention seekers" seem to have a normal life with a stable social environment.
A friend of mine does that. Sometimes he would mention that he's having a "depression" because of some casual shit. Or he likes to reblog these corny memes about depression/anxiety/feeling dead inside which are just unfunny. I've known him for almost 10 years now, I know that he's a bit of an attention seeker and can be egocentric. Also he's one of those people that thinks if someone kills themselves they're selfish cowards, and that alone kinda made me realize that he probably has never been THAT depressed.
Maybe I'm being insensitive and these feelings are totally valid, but I think if it's  really serious, you should go and seek a therapist and/or go on medication instead of boasting on social media how dead inside you are.

FlowerBomb

Quote from: squid on December 03, 2018, 05:59:23 PM
A serious depression or anxiety condition actually gets in the way of living an unrestricted life. But a lot of these "attention seekers" seem to have a normal life with a stable social environment.
A friend of mine does that. Sometimes he would mention that he's having a "depression" because of some casual shit. Or he likes to reblog these corny memes about depression/anxiety/feeling dead inside which are just unfunny. I've known him for almost 10 years now, I know that he's a bit of an attention seeker and can be egocentric. Also he's one of those people that thinks if someone kills themselves they're selfish cowards, and that alone kinda made me realize that he probably has never been THAT depressed.
Maybe I'm being insensitive and these feelings are totally valid, but I think if it's  really serious, you should go and seek a therapist and/or go on medication instead of boasting on social media how dead inside you are.
:cheerup:

Kurama

Wow what are you saying king?

FlowerBomb

Quote from: i rep New Yawk like the statue of liberty. on December 03, 2018, 05:53:17 PM
Saying that it?s a widespread trend of some sort

As if it?s new fashion
& where did I say that everyone was being fake with it?
Did you actually read what was being posted are you doing that bit where you read what you want to read and try and poke a debate about something that was never implied or said?

FlowerBomb

It's like you live to be the devils advocate in these kinds of threads

BAPHOMET.

where is that thread that was posted recently of that really attractive black guy that was kinda big on Instagram that killed himself?
His life seemed amazing on the outside but he was dying on the inside.

Kaeli.

Quote from: Xavier on December 03, 2018, 04:06:53 PM
Why do you think you're bipolar, Kae?

fjKLDA:JJJJJJJJJJJFIOSDJMKFD:LKFJI

Ok, Lemme restate. I don't think I have Bipolar disorder, nor do I want it. My grandma, Mom and brother are all bipolar so i know first hand that it's a lot to deal with. My grandma has actually been urging me for a couple of years to see a professional because my behavioral "patterns" are reminiscent of hers before she was diagnosed but like...I don't wanna be bipolar and have to take meds and that stigma of being called bat shit crazy :diddraispoot:

Anyway, to answer your question... I deal with a great deal of the symptoms. The way i will legit burst into tears for seemingly no reason and then be sad for a few days and then start feeling my happiest fairly quickly after.

Or talking and thinking too quickly. Or my excessive online shopping habits (which I've talked about on here). or when i'll lash out at someone over VERY insignificant things. The smallest shit will cause me to blow the fuck up sometimes & i'm just sitting there like whoa :calmdownsis: Sometimes I will have an overwhelming amount of energy during the day after like 2 hours of sleep and other days i'm barely able to function and focus with a FULL 8 hours. I didn't really see these symptoms within myself and behavior until it was all outlined in a few psych classes that I took freshman/sophomore year. I don't know if it's bipolar disorder, I could just be a moody bitch or it could be something else, but there is clearly something wrong. I don't think u need to be fckn Sigmund Freud to be able pinpoint ur OFF behavior

Kaeli.

Quote from: Kalifornia on December 03, 2018, 05:40:22 PM
This whole thread reminded me of this:

The caption & all these hashtags, but DEPRESSED! :plzstop:
KLD:SJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJFDJNMSIOFJSDM:FKDJMFIOSDJKLFSDJNILFK

BAPHOMET.

you should go and seek a therapist and/or go on medication instead of boasting on social media how dead inside you are.

maybe its a cry for help ?

Kurama

Where IS that thread on suicide tho...sure Bath said some off the wall shit in there

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Kurama on December 03, 2018, 06:05:03 PM
Where IS that thread on suicide tho...sure Bath said some off the wall shit in there
lemme find it and post quotes

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Kaeli. on December 03, 2018, 06:04:13 PM

Ok, Lemme restate. I don't think I have Bipolar disorder, nor do I want it. My grandma, Mom and brother are all bipolar so i know first hand that it's a lot to deal with. My grandma has actually been urging me for a couple of years to see a professional because my behavioral "patterns" are reminiscent of hers before she was diagnosed but like...I don't wanna be bipolar and have to take meds and that stigma of being called bat shit crazy :diddraispoot:

Anyway, to answer your question... I deal with a great deal of the symptoms. The way i will legit burst into tears for seemingly no reason and then be sad for a few days and then start feeling my happiest fairly quickly after.

Or talking and thinking too quickly. Or my excessive online shopping habits (which I've talked about on here). or when i'll lash out at someone over VERY insignificant things. The smallest shit will cause me to blow the fuck up sometimes & i'm just sitting there like whoa :calmdownsis: Sometimes I will have an overwhelming amount of energy during the day after like 2 hours of sleep and other days i'm barely able to function and focus with a FULL 8 hours. I didn't really see these symptoms within myself and behavior until it was all outlined in a few psych classes that I took freshman/sophomore year. I don't know if it's bipolar disorder, I could just be a moody bitch or it could be something else, but there is clearly something wrong. I don't think u need to be fckn Sigmund Freud to be able pinpoint ur OFF behavior

Oh damn, am I bi' too?

:diddraispoot:

Kaeli.

Quote from: Xavier on December 03, 2018, 06:02:37 PM
Quote from: Kurama on December 03, 2018, 05:57:50 PM
Quote from: Xavier on December 03, 2018, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: Kurama on December 03, 2018, 04:23:00 PM
and Xavier you definitely would need a professional to help you diagnose Bipolar disorder, that's a full ass chemical imbalance in your brain.
Yeah, I figured. It sounds impossible for anybody to be able to pinpoint bipolar disorder within themselves.

Yeah if you're serious please go see someone. bipolar disorder is kinda prevalent with Black folks and most of us dont know it. Its a tough disorder to live with so i wish you the best if you really do have it.

Take notes Kae.
fag stfu

i'll see someone i'm just not god damn ready

is that ok with u

Kaeli.

Quote from: Kalifornia on December 03, 2018, 06:06:33 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on December 03, 2018, 06:04:13 PM

Oh damn, am I bi' too?

:diddraispoot:
r u

am i