Gags Officially Earns Her First #1 in 8 Years

Started by Freemala Harris, March 04, 2019, 05:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Gaga earns her fourth Hot 100 No. 1 and first in nearly eight years, since "Born This Way," which led for six weeks in February-April 2011. "Poker Face" ruled for two weeks in April 2009 after her debut entry "Just Dance," featuring Colby O'Donis, tallied three weeks on top in January 2009. Cooper achieves his first Hot 100 leader.

Gaga ends the longest gap between Hot 100 No. 1s since Beyoncé, who waited two weeks shy of nine years between "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" in 2008-09 and "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran in 2017-18; she was credited as a co-lead on the latter song for the first five of its six weeks at No. 1, driven by its duet remix.

At 22 weeks, "Shallow" ties for the 10th-longest climb to No. 1 on the Hot 100, matching the rise of "Just Dance" (and Vangelis' "Chariots of Fire," which led in 1982). Los Del Rio's "Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)" completed a record 33-week trek to the top in 1996.

Flying 21-1, "Shallow" makes the biggest jump to No. 1 on the Hot 100 since XXXTentacion's "Sad!" soared 52-1 on the June 30, 2018-dated chart, following his June 18 death. ("Shallow" is the second song ever to hike exactly 21-1, after Usher's "U Remind Me" in 2001.)

Best original song winners atop the Hot 100: "Shallow" had been tied with Idina Menzel's' No. 5 Hot 100 hit "Let It Go," from Frozen, in 2014, for the top-charting best original song Oscar winner in 16 years. Now, "Shallow" is the first such No. 1 since Eminem's "Lose Yourself" (from 8 Mile), which ruled for 12 weeks in 2002-03. "Shallow" is the first duet best original song winner to reign since Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle's "A Whole New World (Aladdin's Theme)," which led the chart 26 years ago (March 6, 1993).

Overall, "Shallow" is the 19th best original song recipient to crown the Hot 100, dating to the first, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head," by B.J. Thomas, in 1970. One of those 19 No. 1s is Barbra Streisand's 1977 leader "Evergreen," the love theme from the 1976 adaptation of A Star Is Born.

Gaga, Cooper No. 1 on Billboard 200, too: As previously reported, Gaga and Cooper's A Star Is Born soundtrack rebounds for a fourth week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. Star and "Shallow" mark the first soundtrack and a single from it to top the Billboard 200 and Hot 100 simultaneously since April 25, 2015, when Furious 7 rose 2-1 on the former and Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again," featuring Charlie Puth, began a 12-week Hot 100 command.

:stressed: This yeehaw dyke won

Kaeli.

I hate this song but I'm glad she's #1 again tbh 

she kinda used to be QUEEN 

really shocking that's she only has 4. She used shit out hits 

BAPHOMET.

I must live in a bubble because when I tell you NO ONE and I mean NO ONE plays this song here or that i've never heard it in full ANYWHERE

Freemala Harris

Not Bradley nabbing a grams & #1

Straight kings>

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

fedswatchin

Hope this inspires her to bring back more pop mess

We don't need anymore depressed tunes

Freemala Harris

jjjj i'm kinda scared that all this yeehaw success is gonna make her retire oonce oonce beats forever

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: Freeruu on March 04, 2019, 05:53:28 PM
Not Bradley nabbing a grams & #1

Straight kings>

are you saying that Nicki has neither

SouravMay

Wow whites really get to have a nice comeback era wow wow
B7