not the world paying Surviving R Kelly Part 2 DUST

Started by Marilyn, January 02, 2020, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: 89 on January 02, 2020, 11:22:00 PM
Well this episode I'm watching is still bringing more stuff to light
I say keep going until the verdict of guilty is read
Right  :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Marilyn

Hdhahshahahjssh not them mentioning Keyshia

lifetime FAGG. Queen said what she said. Fuck these trifling ass parents

🌍

RAY7

It's kinda true though at least for any parents who let their child around him after 2008
the love of money is really the route to all evil 

RAY7

Annie

I'm kinda over it..just curious what the judge will say.

/.\

🦚

This was actually way better than the series from last year.

I love how they started from the beginning and working their way up to now.

Kinda pissed sparkle's niece ain't speaking up.

Hearing the black exec talk i know jive pulled some strings in the lawsuits 2 decades ago.

I will never understand how he wasn't cancelled after the Aaliyah mess. It should've been curtains then and there. It just goes back to black ppl (STILL) thinking girls are fast and seduce these "men"  :uhh:

:plzstop: @keyshia getting lashed.
Should've just said no comment hun  :sobusyjetsetter:
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Drogon

Quote from: Marilyn on January 02, 2020, 11:35:06 PM
Hdhahshahahjssh not them mentioning Keyshia

lifetime FAGG. Queen said what she said. Fuck these trifling ass parents

K said she aint saying nothing bc the last time she spoke ppl said she was a liar and she she aint doin it no moe

Aalonso.

January 03, 2020, 07:00:22 AM #23 Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 07:02:10 AM by L0NZ.
Quote from: .::VanDerSléìgh.Rules::. on January 03, 2020, 06:32:28 AM

I will never understand how he wasn't cancelled after the Aaliyah mess. It should've been curtains then and there. It just goes back to black ppl (STILL) thinking girls are fast and seduce these "men"  :uhh:

Yea she was booed at shows and producers didnt want to work with her for OIAM. She needed that FACE/smile and intrinsic inner glow to mask it all because I know she was dealing with trauma too like any teen girl would. And in the public eye. but she did her thing.

🦚

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 03, 2020, 07:00:22 AM

Yea she was booed at shows and producers didnt want to work with her for OIAM. She needed that FACE/smile and intrinsic inner glow to mask it all because I know she was dealing with trauma too like any teen girl would. And in the public eye. but she did her thing.

I was wayyy too young to understand the mess. But I'm beyond disgusted now. Our community and the white powers that be really allowed this man to terrorize all these black girls to the point where he felt bold and unstoppable.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Scott.

Quote from: .::VanDerSléìgh.Rules::. on January 03, 2020, 08:13:09 AM

I was wayyy too young to understand the mess. But I'm beyond disgusted now. Our community and the white powers that be really allowed this man to terrorize all these black girls to the point where he felt bold and unstoppable.
i agree with all of this.

And l wonder if Aaliyah and Tiffany ever remained cordial after all of that

Aalonso.

Quote from: .::VanDerSléìgh.Rules::. on January 03, 2020, 08:13:09 AM

The most chilling thing to me is anytime they announce the name of the album, and how he crafted it. It's really sick, like you're using your victim as your muse, singing these lyrics that paint the picture of the abuse, which ultimately feels like it's coming from her. That's so warped. It's really the title track that's the most disgusting. Then for them to coach her to say the title was so that people would focus on the music and not her age. These aren't a 14 year olds marketing strategies, he was probably able to brainwash her to a degree. Aaliyah was the first time the world had gotten word that Rkelly was a pedo. We can say "oh my daughter wouldn't have been around this man, she wouldn't be singing these lyrics without me knowing something inappropriate was going on" but this is before we knew Rkelly was evil. I don't blame her parents, Barry is the one who I believe knew about Rkellys activities and may be why Diane doesn't have a relationship with Barry. I know she stills feels an amount of guilt, regardless for trusting Aaliyah with him. I mean that's her uncle....

ssw4919

I don't believe there is any way Diane and her fam didn't know what was going on.  Aaliyah was singing inappropriate things, dressed like him, wearing his chains, and calling him her best friend.  :uhh:  Under normal circumstances, any parent would have seen the red flags.  But because it's the music industry and fame was at stake, it was seen as ok.  

Also, remember that it was her family who bought into the notion that Aaliyah was "mature for her age" when they should have been more concerned with protecting her innocence.  Diane was the same one calling Aaliyah sexy as a child.  :blink:  There are some weird things that went on that to me felt like all of them putting the blinders on so that she could get famous.

Aalonso.

Quote from: ssw4919 on January 03, 2020, 08:50:16 AM
I don't believe there is any way Diane and her fam didn't know what was going on.  Aaliyah was singing inappropriate things, dressed like him, wearing his chains, and calling him her best friend.  :uhh:  Under normal circumstances, any parent would have seen the red flags.  But because it's the music industry and fame was at stake, it was seen as ok. 

Also, remember that it was her family who bought into the notion that Aaliyah was "mature for her age" when they should have been more concerned with protecting her innocence.  Diane was the same one calling Aaliyah sexy as a child.  :blink:  There are some weird things that went on that to me felt like all of them putting the blinders on so that she could get famous.

That makes sense but I don't fully see it that way. I don't think they realized her innocence needed protection. Dressing like your mentor and wearing chains isn't a red flag unless your mentor is a monster, and I don't think Michael and Diane knew that.

ssw4919

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 03, 2020, 09:00:20 AM
I don't think they realized her innocence needed protection.

That's a parent's job, though.  At all times.  :-/

It'd be one thing if Aaliyah were a boy, but girls didn't dress like men and wear their jewelry unless it meant something romantic.  A teen girl calling a grown man a best friend is abnormal.  How could that not make a parent go  :usureuok:  :diddraispoot: ?

Dude had a hypersexual musical persona and their daughter was (in their minds) a "sexy" young girl who strongly admired him.  Anyone looking at them (the fans, media) felt there was something going on.  I just don't see how they could be that oblivious.  The idea that no one knew he was a monster isn't true.  People in Chicago knew about his habits of hanging around young girls, in high school parking lots, etc.  If they were around Aaliyah enough in the studio, they had to have seen or heard something.

Best case scenario, IMO, is that they knew there was an attraction between them but thought he wouldn't dare cross a line because of Barry, or some other reason.  And Aaliyah wouldn't cross a line because she was their good girl daughter.  So they allowed the inappropriate mess because if he was attracted to her, they thought it meant he would ultimately help her career, so why not exploit it?  Maybe they thought only "fast" girls would do something like that.

In that article her dad had after the marriage became public, he made it seem like Diane and Barry did things to put Li at risk, and that he put his foot down to protect her after that when he took more of an active role.  That was when Li started going everywhere with bodyguards. 

Either way, I feel horrible for Aaliyah and I wish people were around her to protect her and prioritize that over everything else.