Started by Marilyn, January 02, 2020, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalonso.

Quote from: Annie on January 04, 2020, 02:21:41 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on January 03, 2020, 11:17:08 AM
Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on January 03, 2020, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on January 03, 2020, 07:00:22 AM
Quote from: .::VanDerSléìgh.Rules::. on January 03, 2020, 06:32:28 AM

I will never understand how he wasn't cancelled after the Aaliyah mess. It should've been curtains then and there. It just goes back to black ppl (STILL) thinking girls are fast and seduce these "men"  :uhh:

Yea she was booed at shows and producers didnt want to work with her for OIAM. She needed that FACE/smile and intrinsic inner glow to mask it all because I know she was dealing with trauma too like any teen girl would. And in the public eye. but she did her thing.
Has her brother or Diane spoken on any of this?

That's the only thing I hate. It's clearly something she was ok with keeping a private part of her life.

But at the same time, I feel like she would be happy all these girls are getting justice.

You think she would have eventually aired him out?

I don't know.  It's crazy she died right before the tapes emerged because she would have dealt with a lot of questions about it.  Would she have been pressured to testify at his trial?  Who knows how she coped with what happened to her?  Did she get therapy?  They swept things under the rug very quickly and kept her working on her career, so maybe she never had time to process it?  She was only 22.  That's when you really start to realize how young and naive you were as a teen.  Imagine her living through MeToo as a woman in her 30's.  The world has changed since the 90's.

Keep in mind, he also hit her.

But let folks tell it, they were in love.  Or she seduced him.  :ummwhat:

When the red album dropped she explained her lyrics were like playing movie roles..however there are some songs on her that probably felt like therapy to her. I refuse, Never no more, U got nerve, Read between the lines..

Even What if with those lines 'We'll burn you, cut you, kill you..' A lot of songs about someone playing with her mind. A lot of frustration and anger. Static probably wrote all of it, I don't know how involved she was in the process..but there is a lot of emotion in her voice. I think at some point she would take back her power but she was still very young when she died.

You could also see how much she enjoyed playing those powerful roles (fighting in Romeo must die & a powerful vampire in Queen of the damned)

Push thru quee

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Annie

January 04, 2020, 04:09:48 PM #64 Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 04:10:25 PM by Annie
Quote from: TinaSnow on January 04, 2020, 02:38:27 PM
Quote from: Annie on January 04, 2020, 02:32:49 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on January 04, 2020, 02:30:57 PM
What exactly did Dame say?  Earlier, he said Li always refused to talk about that man and only said he was a bad dude.

He said she couldn't talk about it and only said he was a bad man but then again also said he knew the full story. It is confusing.
Very confusing. And didn't Dame just rape a girl?
The story about the photographer didn't make sense. He posted video footage of her trying to steal a brand new iPad and phone. I don't believe her. The first accuser before he dated Aaliyah could be telling the truth I don't know.

/.\

Annie

Quote from: LF on January 04, 2020, 02:44:49 PM
Watched all 4 episodes. Its crazy how R Kelly is taking advantage of all these ladies. Really tho, these 4 episodes could've been chopped down into 2 or 3. Just show the new survivors and their stories instead of the other peeps rehashing everything we already heard and knew. I loved seeing Rob's brothers speaking too. That first episode in particular was very strong.
The story about him looking at the poster and claiming R Kelly is a powerful man who tells Rob what to do  :nowgorl:

I also didn't know about Mr Henry, the creep neighborhood uncle

/.\

long-timeTheRoofFan

Vonc2002

I'm on episode 3 and this is just as good as the 1st mess.  
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

The whole time the girl that braids his hair was talking I was thinking about this and wondering if they were gonna try to say it was about her or the timeline matched 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 05, 2020, 04:59:54 AM
The whole time the girl that braids his hair was talking I was thinking about this and wondering if they were gonna try to say it was about her or the timeline matched

When it got to her part I immediately thought about the end of "I Wish" when he sings "c'mon and braid my hair..." :plzstop:

Annie

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 05, 2020, 04:59:54 AM

I still need to watch the episode but in the previous series she did say after she left him he wrote that song

/.\

🦚

Just finished it.

Glad
[ You must login or register to view this Spoiler! ]

Not sure why
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

FRANCE

Quote from: .::VanDerSléìgh.Rules::. on January 05, 2020, 05:35:52 AM
Just finished it.

Glad

Not sure why

Just finished too. Feel the same.

ssw4919

Bentley. HARRIS!

Omg Aaliyah
:stressed:

This really hurt seeing the clips of her

I had really convinced myself that that wasn't true. I guess because of everyones silence.

Did Dame's part come off .... weird to anybody else?

"She didn't talk about anything"
"I know everything"
"She was 13"
"She was 15"
:diddraispoot: