Quee to debut in the top 10

Started by CHOKE, August 04, 2020, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beau

Before I feel asleep I set my MacBook to stream on repeat on Amazon music (still is)  while my phone streamed apple music

Rxxf

Quote from: BORderline on August 05, 2020, 06:28:59 AM
Go GHANt

John Legend did 26k being signed on Columbia

GO AHEAD BRAN NU INC.!

Book Bran!
BRANDY

KingOfHearts

August 05, 2020, 10:16:43 AM #107 Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 10:18:19 AM by KingOfHearts
Quote from: Bish on August 05, 2020, 08:56:16 AM
I bought the album off iTunes and amazon music.
Do my streams count if it's in my library and downloaded?

From what they said you have to stream the album from Apple Music and not your Library cause it wouldn't count.
My Queens!!

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Jumpmaanjumpmaan on August 05, 2020, 09:37:03 AM
I'm so confused in y the numbers are so low...smh
I wonder how her team feels about this. I just hope she continues to promote and keep giving us music.

c

What are you confused about?
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

TriBeCa

Quote from: KingOfHearts on August 05, 2020, 10:16:43 AM

From what they said you have to stream the album from Apple Music and not your Library cause it wouldn't count.

So many fans are listening from their library, which is not contributing to her streams. I had to explain this on Facebook a few times.   

Bish

Quote from: KingOfHearts on August 05, 2020, 10:16:43 AM

I'm streaming it from Apple Music. I bought it off iTunes but I don't play music from there.

J loves Brandy

I also play it from my Apple Music however it's saved and downloaded to my phone. Is that causing it to not count??

Demetri (Kelli) Eady🤴🏾

Hmmm 🤔 I just hope she continues to promote throughout the year.
French Exit ♻️

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Ma Lo

lol @ some of you thinking this would sell 500k in this economy with brandy being an artist from the 90s that already peaked. 

TriBeCa

August 05, 2020, 11:14:31 AM #114 Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:14:54 AM by TriBeCa
Quote from: J loves Brandy on August 05, 2020, 10:31:46 AM
I also play it from my Apple Music however it's saved and downloaded to my phone. Is that causing it to not count??

When you click on the search bar in Apple Music, it shows you the two options: Apple Music/Library. You have to make sure you're clicking on the Apple Music option because your library is still connected.

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

Quote from: JCJ on August 05, 2020, 10:18:39 AM
Quote from: Jumpmaanjumpmaan on August 05, 2020, 09:37:03 AM
I'm so confused in y the numbers are so low...smh
I wonder how her team feels about this. I just hope she continues to promote and keep giving us music.

c

What are you confused about?

I'm confused w/ the numbers of units sold / streams I just thought it would b more considering pre-sale etc that's all.

VirgoMind

As stated in comparison to other artists, This is amazing for today's market. 

AND she's indie. I'm happy for her. I'm sure she will keep going.. 

Bish

August 05, 2020, 01:15:57 PM #117 Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 01:16:44 PM by Bish
Brandy's biggest debut week was around 165k for NSN- even at her commercial peak she was never a big opening week girl.

These are great numbers and shows her loyal her fan base is. She's doing respectable numbers 25 years into her career despite having a low profile on social media (the opposite of her peers with way more followers and engagement and still sell significantly less) and no hit single. Her name alone sells the music!

I love it!!!

:feelinmyself:

FRANCE

She def booked. 

Toni Braxton did 16k her last album too. Another artist from the 90s. Had a reality TV show and all to help promote. TLC did 12k for their album. 

Its cool to know Brandy did it her own way and did the songs she wanted and still did her thing. For anyone "confused" about the sales amount, u obviously dont know whats going on in the industry atm. 

Moon

Quote from: demetriusrocka on August 05, 2020, 10:33:20 AM
Hmmm 🤔 I just hope she continues to promote throughout the year.
Dfggggg

We got the album babe. What else is there?