Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Marilyn

edit

🌍

rosone1

b7

Quote from: rosone1 on August 21, 2021, 10:19:30 AM
:kii: At her son's album dropping before her's.
the oldest one right? Does he rap and sing or just rap

Scott.

Pic after pic. No single. No album release date. Nothing 

b7

August 21, 2021, 05:18:26 PM #307 Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:18:58 PM by Saving All My Rigs
Quote from: Scott. on August 21, 2021, 04:05:50 PM
It's probably a lot going on King. You KNOW i know about delays and mishaps and silence  :kii:

But it sounds like Monica went through hell toward the end of last year, before and after Verzuz and then trying to get the era kicked off. Being independent in this industry as a Black woman, no matter how long you've been in the game is HARD af. Especially when you've only known major labels and nothing else.

And i already know u know that, and it's not really an excuse, necessarily, I'm just saying they may or may not have scrapped a few things and went in another direction. It's scary to put anything out these days cuz people drag you to no end when they don't like something smh

b7

I say all that to say, she's keeping her engagement up on multiple apps right now (Tik tok and IG) to to at least keep people entertained in the meantime while she figures it all out. That ain't inside info, but that's just what it looks like. She could altogether disappear like my fave (nothing wrong with that either cuz mental health is more important) but she's hanging in there. 

I think she's gonna have some nice songs hopefully

rosone1

Scott.

Quote from: Saving All My Rigs on August 21, 2021, 05:18:26 PM
It's probably a lot going on King. You KNOW i know about delays and mishaps and silence  :kii:

But it sounds like Monica went through hell toward the end of last year, before and after Verzuz and then trying to get the era kicked off. Being independent in this industry as a Black woman, no matter how long you've been in the game is HARD af. Especially when you've only known major labels and nothing else.

And i already know u know that, and it's not really an excuse, necessarily, I'm just saying they may or may not have scrapped a few things and went in another direction. It's scary to put anything out these days cuz people drag you to no end when they don't like something smh

I would understand all this if she wasn't famous for taking 69 years to release albums

Blasian Russian

Proud Black American ✊🏿 of Kalmyk descent 🇷🇺 🇲🇳

Grandpa and his grandma ❤️

b7

Quote from: Scott. on August 21, 2021, 05:32:51 PM

I would understand all this if she wasn't famous for taking 69 years to release albums
But also understand that she's been through even tougher hell in the past. We know what happened before After the storm

It's a wonder some of these women are even still singing or alive. :dead: Real shit. I know it's frustrating as fuck tho. I'm definitely not Tryna change ur mind about THAT. I get it

Young

Queen is still going through

So I'm trying to be patient  too because I know it's  even more important to make sure the music is PERFECT now that she has taken so long and because she's independent

But I'm just tried..it'll come when it comes..😩❤️

Scott.

Quote from: Saving All My Rigs on August 21, 2021, 06:16:41 PM
Quote from: Scott. on August 21, 2021, 05:32:51 PM

But also understand that she's been through even tougher hell in the past. We know what happened before After the storm

It's a wonder some of these women are even still singing or alive. :dead: Real shit. I know it's frustrating as fuck tho. I'm definitely not Tryna change ur mind about THAT. I get it

It's just that my other faves stay spoiling me with music, even when they are going through the worst shit. I know everyone's not the same but damn